Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 2 Italian squash, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. tomato paste
- ½ c. red wine
- 2 -14 oz. cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked according to package directions
1. Toss diced squash, bell pepper, and red onion with olive oil (1-2 tablespoons) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes in 450° oven.
2. Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until softened. Add garlic and sauté for another minute or so.
3. Add balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, and red wine. Turn up heat and reduce sauce by half. Add diced tomatoes, crushed red pepper, and bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in roasted vegetables, toss with cooked pasta.
I also made some breaded chicken tenders on the side, topped with melted parmesan cheese for Al. =)