Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Austin Powers and Felicity Shagwell Halloween Costumes 2009

I never got around to posting some of these projects on my old blog, so that will explain the profusion of posts during this first month while I try to get everything together.  Anyways--last Halloween was a lot of fun when Al and I dressed as Austin Powers and Felicity Shagwell.

I was going through a major yarn phase after my success with the Chrono Trigger blanket which made me want to attempt making Felicity Shagwell's crochet dress.  I didn't feel like spending extra money on better quality yarn--the orange was a red heart sport yarn and the pink was a Vanna White yarn (yes--she has yarn!).  The dress ended up being incredibly warm and I had a lot of fun making it.  The colors were the closest I could find on my budget.


I don't have a pattern for the dress--I kind of just crocheted around myself until it fit.  Haha.  I did a variation of a diamond mesh for the sleeves and middle, and scalloped the edges with shells.  See here for pictures and instructions on diamond mesh at Needlecraft Superior.


I also attempted to make a "velvet" blazer (I used blue microsuede as a substitute) and a lacy cravat for Al.  Unfortunately, many law school kids thought that his costume was a judge or justice.  NERDS. =P

7 comments:

  1. Hey there!
    This might sound odd, but is there any chance you'd be willing to make another one of these?
    I'm SO impressed with it I'd love to commission you for one! :)
    If you would please e-mail me at emmythekid@googlemail.com
    Thanks!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with cowgirl on this one! I know how to crochet..barely. No way I could make this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. would you be interested in selling this? please email me if so, christinaagaunt@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you're willing to sell this or create a new one PLEASE email taba8206@colorado.edu !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In desperate need of this dress!! Please let me know if I can buy this or a new one! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here! I would love to buy this from you ASAP! email me allie.huber@yahoo.com please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you consider making another?? This is so cool and i would love to purchase one.

    ReplyDelete