Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Grilled Mediterranean Dinner

Al and I were excited to officially host our first dinner in our new place last Sunday!  Thanks to Cliff and Anna for putting up with our incredibly small table and lack of living room furniture. =P  This is really just for my sake to remember what recipes I used because I always seem to forget what recipes I use and what I changed.  Maybe at some point I'll start taking more pictures and coming up with original recipes.  Ha.

Menu:
  • Grilled Chicken and Pork Skewers and rice
    • Ina Garten's Marinated Lamb Kebabs recipe (used chicken instead of lamb)
    • Michael Symon Pork Souvlaki recipe (only used marinade)
  • Tzatziki Sauce with Toasted Pita Bread (also serve hummus and tapenade on the side)
  • Tomato and Tapenade Tarts (loosely adapted from a Bon Appetit recipe)
  1. cut a sheet of thawed puff pastry into four rectangles; score a 1/2 inch border around each edge
  2. spread a layer of tapenade inside each rectangle (homemade: mince together 1/2 can of black olives, handful of green olives, 1 roasted red pepper, 2 cloves garlic, mix with 1 tbsp. lemon juice; season to taste)
  3. top rectangles with thinly sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese; splash tomatoes with balsamic vinegar
  4. bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, top with fresh basil leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment