After making the apple centerpieces, I thought of many more projects to do for an apple wedding!
DIY Apple place cards: Pin name cards to apples to make simple place cards. (pretty self-explanatory...=P)
DIY Apple Crisp in a Jar Favors:
Pair the ingredients for apple crisp with an apple place card for a sweet favor your guests can take home and bake for themselves.
Materials: cloth square, baby food jar--thoroughly washed and filled with ingredients for apple crisp (see recipe below), ribbon/raffia, hot glue
Step 1: Glue cloth square onto baby food jar to hold in place.
Optional: trim the corners of the cloth to make a circle (or leave the corners, depending on how much cloth you want to drape over the side of the jar). Place lid back on the jar.
Step 2: Secure the cloth on the lid by tying a length of ribbon or raffia around the bottom of lid. Print out the recipe instructions on a piece of paper, roll it, and tie to the jar with the raffia.
Apple Crisp: Place the ingredients into each baby food jar:
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. oats
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
* brown sugar is a good layer to use in the middle because it packs together and keeps the other ingredients from shifting.
1. Mix contents of jar with 1 tbsp. of butter until crumbly.
2. Sprinkle mixture over 1-2 peeled and sliced apples in a baking dish.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.